7.1: to_char() bug fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Karel Zak
Subject 7.1: to_char() bug fix
Date
List pgsql-patches

 Hi,

 here is a patch fixing today's bug report:

> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:44:47 +0100 (CET)
> From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu>
> To: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
> Subject: [BUGS] to_char() causes backend to close connection
>
> Hi, this query gives different strange results:
>
> select to_char(now()::abstime,'YYMMDDHH24MI');
>
> I get e.g. a "backend closed the channel unexpectedly..." error with
> successful or failed resetting attempt (indeterministic)

 Again thanks Kovacs, you found really designing bug, that appear
if anyone write bad format template to "number" version of to_char()
(as you with 'DD').

                    Karel

PS. It's not recursive diff, must be apply into src/utils/atd, Thanks.

Attachment