Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> Such as?
>>

> Well previous to 8.0 it was really slow, prior to 8.1 it was not MVCC/WAL?
> safe. I believe there
> are some general limitations that are being resolved right now for 8.2 but I
> don't recall what they are.

Main obstacle is an UTF8 support we're working right now. Parser code is
already in CVS. We need to work on dictionaries. Also, we'd like to have
inverted index support before integration to the core.

> Joshua D. Drake
>
>> -Neil

>> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>>        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>>        match

>              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83