SQL queries from within PL/PERL triggers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Goodman
Subject SQL queries from within PL/PERL triggers?
Date
List pgsql-general

    I ran across a few questions about this in the mailing list
archive but I did not find any answers.  I would like to create a trigger
in PL/PERL that parses out information and sends queries from within the
trigger.  The only examples in the manual that use the stored perl
functions return simple values and never send queries.  Since the security
features of PL/PERL do not allow for module importing (DBI) I am a bit
clueless as to how this can be done if at all.  Has anyone been able to do
this?

Thanks in advance,
Josh Goodman