Re: platform independent set-up - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From D. Duccini
Subject Re: platform independent set-up
Date
List pgsql-novice
if you want the fastest and easiest ZERO recompile architecture, consider
using PERL instead of C++

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 jeroen.van.rest@philips.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working on a project that requires a platform-independent collection of modules. For example, we currently
havea prototype version of a front-end running, developed with QT. I've also got postgreSQL running using CygWin. There
isno need for
> network-functionality, everything should run on one machine, but we want to be able to transfer it completely
(includingdatabase) from WinNT to Linux and back.
> We also need speed in this application. That's why we prefer to code in C(++).
>
> The question now is how to communicate from my front-end to the database and back? I don't know much about this part
ofsystems, but I guess that ODBC and JDBC are the kind of stuff I need. But I am not sure if they have what I need. I
don'tthink ODBC