Re: A very novice question about ascii files - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Leslie Johnson - Contractor
Subject Re: A very novice question about ascii files
Date
Re: A very novice question about ascii files  (Thomas Good <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>)
List pgsql-novice
I guess you've looked a little at these files.  Do they
look like fixed format or delimited files?  I.e., is the first
field always columns 1-N, the second, N+1 to M, ...

Actually, I'm not sure because I'm having to download them right now and
look at them in notepad and I'm sure that's messing it up (for some reason
VI doesn't seem to be working).  They're in columns with column
headings...granted they're wrapped around a little strangely.  Maybe
somebody out there knows how to change it either way?
Thanks again,
Leslie