Re: Posrgres speed problem - solved? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: Posrgres speed problem - solved?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 13.06.2006, at 8:44 Uhr, Ruben Rubio Rey wrote:

> Tonight database has been vacumm full and reindex (all nights
> database do it)
>
> Now its working fine. Speed is as spected. I ll be watching that
> sql ...
> Maybe the problem exists when database is busy, or maybe its
> solved ...

Depending on the usage pattern the nightly re-index / vacuum analyse
is suboptimal. If you have high insert/update traffic your
performance will decrease over the day and will only be good in the
morning hours and I hope this is not what you intend to have.

Autovacuum is the way to go, if you have "changing content". Perhaps
combined with vacuum analyse in a nightly or weekly schedule. We do
this weekly.

cug