RE: 7.1 odbc bug & patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: 7.1 odbc bug & patch
Date
List pgsql-patches

Probably gpps.c has caused ODBC troubles under unix(
gpps.c isn't needed at all under Windows). I'm happy if
someone maintains it and would reply to the inquiries
about ODBC under unix.

[snip]

> > Please enter a FULL description of your problem:
> > I installed postgres 7.1 with --enable-odbc.  I then installed
> > tclodbc (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tclodbc) and libiodbc-2.50.3
> > (http://www.iodbc.org/dist/libiodbc-2.50.3.tar.gz).  I could not
> > get either to work... postgres would not find the global odbcinst.ini
> > file.

AFAIK iODBC doesn't need odbcinst.ini though I don't know
about tclodbc.  In addtion psqlodbc searches odbcinst.ini
in a directory.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue