Re: opinion on disk speed - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Page
Subject Re: opinion on disk speed
Date
List pgsql-performance

15K drives (well, the Seagate Cheetah X15's that I have a lot of at
least) can run very hot compared to the 10K's. Might be worth bearing
(no pun intended) in mind.

Other than that, without knowing the full specs of the drives, you've
got 2 extra spindles and a probably-lower-seek time if you go for the
X15's so that would seem likely to be the faster option.

Regards, Dave