Re: Savepoints in transactions for speed? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Willem Leenen
Subject Re: Savepoints in transactions for speed?
Date
List pgsql-performance

Commitmarks are written to disk after each transaction. So transactionsize has impact on performance.

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:18:20 -0600
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Savepoints in transactions for speed?
From: mike.blackwell@rrd.com
To: klaussfreire@gmail.com
CC: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
Updates, are faster if batched, if your business logic allows it,
because it creates less bloat and creates more opportunities for with
HOT updates. I don't think it applies to inserts, though, and I
haven't heard it either.

Ah.  That must have been what I'd half-remembered.  Thanks for the clarification.

Mike