Re: Backup & Restore a database in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Backup & Restore a database in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Siva Palanisamy wrote:
> However, I get the same list of errors as below. The weird thing is,
it appears to be working fine. I
> could not able to comprehend the error list! I don't have any clue
about it!

> For your information, I don't think am running using the superuser
account! But just seem like a
> normal user account.. Could this lead to few issues on privileges?

The messages you get are to be expected if you try to restore a database
without the necessary permissions.

It worked for the objects that the user owns.

If you want to backup just a few tables or a certain schema in the
database,
use the -t or -n flags.
If you want to backup the whole database, make sure you have appropriate
permissions when you restore.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe