Re: New User Group Addition - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ben Milliron
Subject Re: New User Group Addition
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Jonathan:

I have signed up for an organization account at the link you have provided, and have not yet received my confirmation email.  To answer your question regarding meetings, yes I am planning on conducting meetings in the State College, Pa area, and possibly hold virtual meetings as well. The first challenge is to connect with other PostgreSQL professionals and formulate a good working agenda. This user group will cover a pretty large area, so having more frequent virtual meetings and a select number of in person events each year is the direction I am taking.

Please let me know what else I need to provide you in order to get listed on the user groups page.

Thanks,

-Ben

Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New User Group Addition
From: jonathan.katz@excoventures.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:13:22 -0400
CC: pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
To: bmilliron@hotmail.com

Hi Ben,

Hello All:

My name is Ben Milliron, I am a professional DBA from the Central Pennsylvania area in the United States.  I have started a new user group for my geographical area and would like listed in the user group section of http://www.postgresql.org.  The web site URL, for the user group ishttp://www.CentralPaPUG.org

Congratulations on starting a PUG!

Can someone please tell me the best way to go about getting a link added?

We recommend that first you create an organization, which will allow you to post news and events - https://www.postgresql.org/account/organisations/new/

A PUG entry will have to be added by a postgresql.org moderator (in this case me).  Are you planning any upcoming meetups?  Where in Central PA are you planning to host events?

Thanks,

Jonathan