Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython - Mailing list pgsql-general

From c k
Subject Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython
Date
List pgsql-general
No i didn't removed any thing. Only I have installed python 2.6. And then tried to create plpythonu. It got created, but when tries to execute already mentioned function server crashes.

I didn't have  any clue.

Thanks and regards.

Chaitany Kulkarni

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:35:08 am c k wrote:
> I am not going to do stack trace right now, because I am using wireless
> broadband and is much costlier to download.
> But as other functions are working, may be it is related with other thing.
> I have forgotten to told that I am using virtual machine for windows. For
> even this the normal python interpreter does not have any problems. So it
> seems that the problem is occurring due to crash in python package.

My suspicion is it has to do with this from your original post:

"First I installed python 2.7 and then added python installation
path to windows PATH variable. ..."

" Then I go to create plpythonu in a database. But it failed.
After searching, I found that it needs python 2.6. So I again
installed python 2.6 and then dropped plpython from database
and created again."

Unmentioned is whether you uninstalled Python 2.7 or removed the PATH reference
to Python 2.7

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com