Position() Bug ? In PostgreSQL 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dinesh kumar
Subject Position() Bug ? In PostgreSQL 9.2
Date
Re: Position() Bug ? In PostgreSQL 9.2
List pgsql-general
Hello Team,

I would like to know whether the following behavior is a BUG or an expected behavior. If this is a duplicated case, then kindly ignore.

postgres=# SELECT version();
                           version
 PostgreSQL 9.2.3, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 32-bit
(1 row)

postgres=# select position('P' in 'PostgreSQL');
 position
----------
        1
(1 row)

postgres=# select position('' in 'PostgreSQL'); // position(Substring as an empty string) is returning 1.
 position
        1
(1 row)

Kindly let me know, if anything i miss here.

Regards,
Dinesh