Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Dong Ye <yed@vmware.com> wrote:
>
>> As Heikki commented, VMware recently compared Postgres performance in
>> an ESX (5.1) VM versus in a comparable native Linux. We saw 1.
>> ESX-level locking causes no vertical scalability degradation, 2.
>
> FYI Vmware has an optimized version of Postgresql for use on VSphere
> etc: http://www.vmware.com/products/vfabric-postgres/
There is actually no fork of the core in vFabric Postgres, Postgres
core is unmodified as of release 9.3. Have a look at the release
notes:
https://www.vmware.com/support/vfabric-postgres/doc/vfabric-postgres-93-release-notes.html
--
Michael