Missing password - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From guillaume lemire
Subject Missing password
Date
List pgsql-novice
I've just downloaded the new version of postgreSQL 8.4.1 with windows vista running on my computer.

While i was installing it, one of the steps asks for a password witch I think i don't have but they tell me it's not the right one. Here is what is written:

''Please provide a password for the database superuser (postgre) and service account (postgre). If the service account already exists in Windows, you must enter the current password for the account. If the account does not exist, it will be created when you clikc ''Next''.

I don't think I have a password for this so I've tried some and when I click ''Next'' here's what is written:

''The password specified was incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account''

If I have one, I don't know it. How can I find what it is?

Guillaume Lemire

Cliquez moins : accédez à Hotmail par le nouveau MSN.