BDR, 9.4 release schedule, PostgreSQL in Azure, pgPool-II - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Тарас Савчук
Subject BDR, 9.4 release schedule, PostgreSQL in Azure, pgPool-II
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi All :)

A few questions from a newbie.

1. Use someone BDR in production (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_Project)?

2. When ~ is expected to release 9.4?

3. Use someone PostgreSQL in Azure and can give any advice?

4. Do I understand correctly that the closest analog of mysql-proxy – it’s pgPool-II. The scheme is very simple - every frontend with the code works with own database’s instance, and use another one instance of DB only in case of problems with main (own) DB.

DB under fairly simple application. The desire to use BDR dictated by scaling in breadth on comfortable on the price / quality instances and not be fooled unreliability of individual VM in Azure (ie, at the minimum, we have two VMs with PostgreSQL in one availability set of Azure).

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English )))

--
Savchuk Taras