Re: [HACKERS] Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?
Date
List pgsql-patches
I wrote:
> I've committed changes that move the determination of whether recheck is
> required into the index AMs.  Right now, GIST and GIN just always set
> the recheck flag to TRUE.  Obviously that control should be pushed down
> to the opclass consistent() functions, but I don't know that code well
> enough to be clear on exactly what should happen.  Are you willing to
> do that part?

Actually, I think I figured it out.  Please look over the GIST/GIN parts
of this patch and see if they're OK with you.

This is still WIP because I haven't touched any contrib code, but
as far as the main backend goes I think it's ready to apply.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment