Re: How to get to know the current user account is superuser or not? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Siva Palanisamy
Subject Re: How to get to know the current user account is superuser or not?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Achilleas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I got what I wanted now! I knew this question was very basic but I am completely new to
PostgreSQL..!!

Thanks and Regards,
Siva.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Achilleas Mantzios
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 4:01 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] How to get to know the current user account is superuser or not?

Στις Monday 08 August 2011 12:36:44 ο/η Siva Palanisamy έγραψε:
> Hi All,
>
> I was provided with a user account to access postgresql. I want to process some high-level operations that might need
asuperuser/admin privileged access. How to get to know the user account I was provided having what kind of privileges?
Itlooks like I don't have super user account! And I want to confirm this at the earliest.

SELECT * from pg_user;

> Thanks and Regards,
> Siva.

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and

Achilleas Mantzios