Re: Configuring a Large RAM PostgreSQL Server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Hochberger
Subject Re: Configuring a Large RAM PostgreSQL Server
Date
List pgsql-performance
It's not on rebuilding the index, it's on CREATE INDEX.

I attribute it to wrong setting, Ubuntu bizarre-ness, and general
problems.

We need new hardware, the servers are running on aging
infrastructure, and we decided to get a new system that will last us
the next 3-4 years all at once.

But many large queries are getting Out of Memory errors.

Alex