Re: Need suggestion to restructure a database.... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From George Pavlov
Subject Re: Need suggestion to restructure a database....
Date
List pgsql-novice
Many ways to do it either by creating schemas in the target DBs, or by
changing search paths (the default one or for the script duration).
Here's a "one-liner",
assuming your 4 original databases do not have multiple schemas within
them:

  psql -dmaindb -c"create schema scha"
  pg_dump -Fp -x -O dba | sed 's/SET search_path = public/SET
search_path = scha/' | psql -dmaindb