Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Whenever I try to create a new table "bbb" with foreign key pointing
> to "aaa". The operation locks, and reading "aaa" is not possible. The
> query also never seems to finish.

Do you mean that the ALTER query and subsequent queries are shown as
"waiting" in pg_stat_activity?  In this case, I'm also wondering why
this is inecessary.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99