Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error
Date
List pgsql-general
Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>> Okay, so it is indeed the linker's fault.  Now try plan
>> (a) --- can you
>> find a more up-to-date toolchain?

> Well I've tried looking in apt, and the latest package is the version I've got, (the toolchain is more than just gcc
isn'tit though?) is there another way to get a more up to date toolchain?

gcc wasn't the suspected candidate --- the netbsd guys thought it was
as or ld.  On my Fedora machine those seem to be part of the binutils
package; dunno how Debian handles it.

            regards, tom lane