Re: Thread configure flag - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Thread configure flag
Date
List pgsql-patches

--On Tuesday, June 17, 2003 20:02:00 +0200 Peter Eisentraut
<peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> Tom Lane writes:
>

> SUSv3 documents a number of xxx_r() functions, but it doesn't speak of
> _REENTRANT or _THREAD_SAFE anywhere.
>
> So what I'm looking for is some documentation that states that such and
> such flags is required to get such and such effect.
On UnixWare, you NEED to use -Kthread or -Kpthread, to get a Threads
version.

There are a NUMBER of functions that get wrapped, etc when these flags are
specified.

They also call in libthread.so.

The doc at http://www.lerctr.org:8458/  might prove useful as a real-life
example of