Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Import from Linux to - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Import from Linux to
Date
List pgsql-patches
> The patch is not platform-specific. It simply makes psql accept the same
> line endings on COPY FROM that the backend will accept - in effect it
> makes it line-end agnostic - this is a Good Thing (tm).

Strictly speaking it's not there yet --- psql still doesn't cope with
line endings that are \r only (original Mac OS style).  However, since
we do not and probably never will have a port to original Mac OS, I'm
satisfied with the code as-is.

> We are still months away from releasing 8.0, so I think doing this for
> tomorrow's 7.4 bundle makes sense.

I agree (and did in fact just commit the back-patch a bit ago).

            regards, tom lane