[GENERAL] "joining" table records - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moreno Andreo
Subject [GENERAL] "joining" table records
Date
List pgsql-general
I have this table

rec_code | rec_date   | int1 | int2 |
10         2014-07-21   3      4
11         2014-07-21   5
10       2015-01-04   1      2
11         2016-02-05   6

That's the result I need to get from a SELECT statement

rec_date   | int1 | int2 | tempvalue
2014-07-21   3      4      5
2015-01-04   1      2
2016-02-05                 6

(lines with matching date "joined" into one, using another column/alias to hold the "joined row" value)

I'm stuck while searching a way to "select int1, int2 from tbl where rec_code = 10" UNION (select int1 from tbl where
rec_code= 11) as tempvalue *where rec_date is the same*
(read this as pseudocode... I also thought about a mix of DISTINCT and UNION, but have no idea on how to put things
together).

Is it so simple I can't see it?
Is it the hot weather and the broken conditioner? :-)
Do I need to RTFM more in deep? :-))

I don't think it matters, but postgresql 9.1.21 x64 on Windows 7

Hope I've been clear enough

Cheers,
Moreno.-