Re: Running 9 in production? Sticking with 8.4.4 for a while? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Gould
Subject Re: Running 9 in production? Sticking with 8.4.4 for a while?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tory,

We will continue to test under 9.0 but will keep production at 8.4.4 for a
while longer as we want to see what kinds of issues show up over the next
few weeks with 9.0. 9.0 has some features we would like to use but it isn't
worth the risk of production.  I think that the PostGres team has one of the
best develop and test cycle management systems but there is always things
that are going to pop up after a release.  It just depends on the level of
pain your willing to suffer. It seems that the developers are able to track
down and kill bugs in a timely manner so I would expect to see a 9.0.1
version in the near future.  At that point we'll start doing a lot more tire
kicking.

Best Regards

Mike Gould