Re: Windows performance again - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Windows performance again
Date
List pgsql-performance
> > It's *got* to be the network configuration on the client machine.
>
> We've seen gripes of this sort before --- check the list archives for
> possible fixes.  I seem to recall something about a "QoS patch", as
> well as suggestions to get rid of third-party packages that might be
> interfering with the TCP stack.

I personally checked out the last report from a poster who got the issue
on win2k but not on winxp.  I ran his exact dump into my 2k server with
no problems.  This is definitely some type of local issue.

Josep: does your table have any large ( > 1k ) fields in it?

Merlin