Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Man, y'all are a tough crowd.  I'll bring it up, but no promises...

Indeed.  I'm a little bit dismayed by the general response from this
list to the announcement by your company.  First of all, the trademark
debate is a good discussion, but please don't let it overshadow some of
the bigger issues.

I'd like to say thanks to Pervasive for such a big vote of support for
PostgreSQL which historically has struggled with recognition and
credibility.  The information on Pervasive's site could have been lifted
right off of our own advocacy materials, including a very nicely written
open letter to the community which gives due credit to the project and
open source development in general.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating; getting a vote of
confidence from Pervasive is a big deal...maybe the best press I've ever
seen since I've followed the project.  It's already started to spin off
into other positive articles in the IT press (many of them with quotes
by Josh).  This was perfectly timed with the 8.0 release of Postgres,
which in turn may be one the biggest technical releases of the database
in its history.

Merlin