Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> > Granted, but we *struggle* for developers on a lot of the ancillary
> > projects; Take phppgadmin vs. phpmyadmin for example; or
> take a look
> > at some of the pl languages that don't have a full set of
> capabilities or have platform issues.
> > We're not just in need of core developers or slashdot
> posters, we're
> > still in need of rounding out the current postgresql
> ecosystem and we need new blood
> > to do it.
>
> Interesting... I've been pretty active in the community for a
> number of years, but I can only think of 2 or 3 cases where
> projects asked folks for help.

Seriously, it shouldn't be *that* hard to find someone to help out with
phpPgAdmin. There are a lot more people capable of writing a PHP webapp
than working on teh PostgreSQL optimizer. (Myself, for example, but I
don't have time to help out with this one - just an example). Perhaps
you should just post something on the frontpage of the phppgadmin page?

PLs are probably more difficult.

> Projects that are looking for help should really post entries
> at http://pgfoundry.org/people/

Given that there is nothing there, obviouslyi nobody knows how to use
it. You both need people posting and people reading to make that
actually work... IOh, and there isn't even a category for "developer"
:-)

//Magnus