Re: VMWare and PostgreSQL: WAS :PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: VMWare and PostgreSQL: WAS :PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Thanks Magnus,
>
> Just the information I need.  Is this the case if Linux is
> the host (and running PostgreSQL) and Windows is the guest
> running under VMWare?  I care about the data in the Linux
> realm.  I could give a rip if a PowerPoint presentation gets
> hosed.  On the other hand, if it lost one of my games saves....

I have only run it with windows as the host, but with both linux and
windows as the guest OS.

One way is to see how much performance you get. If the performance is
unreasonably good, that means it's not syncing :-) Try small write
transactions, if you get significantly above around 60, then it's not
syncing properly (assuming single-spindle IDE system).

//Magnus