Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [PG-Advocacy] Is Oracle using Gitlab Failureagainst PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [PG-Advocacy] Is Oracle using Gitlab Failureagainst PostgreSQL?
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [PG-Advocacy] Is Oracle using Gitlab Failureagainst PostgreSQL?  (Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Am 02/10/2017 um 08:13 AM schrieb Sameer Kumar:
> Hi,
>
> I came across this post in LinkedIn. I am not easily annoyed but somehow
> this one has got my attention and not in a positive sense-
>
> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/77941/77941-6233195170771410945

That's a closed group AFAICS, and I'm not really feeling like dipping
into it just to get annoyed ;-/
Can you sum up what's going on in there?

> Question is, is there anything Postgres can really learn from this failure?

Maybe re-order the docs? From what they made public, it seemed they
either started backing up with a 7.x or early 8.x release and never
adjusted the procedure to the new possibilities (LVM snapshots?!?
Really?!?) or they stopped reading too early... :/

Regards,
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth
DBA ELSTER