Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Colin Beckingham
Subject Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 09/10/15 01:48 PM, Joseph Marlin wrote:
> We give pgadmin3 to some managers and other non-developers to allow them to run reports and scripts that we
(development)write for them.

> The ease of pressing the 'drop' button on the main toolbar makes me really worried, even with the confirmation
dialogue.Even I have accidentally clicked it a few times. I can't imagine why I'd even want such a convenient way to
dropour entire production schema.

> Is there any way to remove this button from the toolbar, or disable it? I could then go remove it from all the
managers'installations (and mine!).

> Thanks!
> Joseph Marlin

One way would be to require the users to log in to the database under a
special user/role where the permissions are specially crafted to ensure
that they don't have permission to cause the damage you fear. This puts
the onus on the backend (Postgresql), not the frontend (PgAdmin) You
could argue that this is where the responsibility properly should be
embedded, on the back end.