Re: schema Cleanning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From salah jubeh
Subject Re: schema Cleanning
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Guys,

This is a simple way to check if there is no activity on the table,

SELECT relname,seq_tup_read,idx_tup_fetch  FROM pg_stat_user_tables
WHERE (idx_tup_fetch + seq_tup_read)= 0;

Is there is any way to make similar checks on views

Regards

From: salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Mon, February 21, 2011 4:53:41 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] schema Cleanning

Hello,

I am trying to drop deprecated tables, views, procedures from an existing database, I am checking the pg_stat_user_tables view to check if the tables are accessed recently also to check live tuples. For deprecated views and procedures, I am wondering How can I do that, for example suppose the table is used and there is a view defined using this table but no one is using it. Is there is away to check the views statistics.

Regards