Re: FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26)
Date
List pgsql-general
Dan Moschuk <dan@freebsd.org> writes:
> | If the bug seems to be in FreeBSD 4.1 and fixed in 4.2 I don't see
> | the point of you trying to track down a bad interaction between the
> | host OS and Postgresql for an older release.

> Because I'd like to verify that it was in fact a bug with 4.1 and not
> something else.

Even if it is a since-fixed 4.1 bug, there are doubtless still people
out there running 4.1, to say nothing of other *BSD and less-closely-
related Unixen that may have the same or similar bug.  If Dan can
isolate the problem and identify a reasonable workaround, we should
probably put the workaround into Postgres.

            regards, tom lane