Re: Correct update statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Correct update statement
Date
List pgsql-general
body p { margin-bottom: 0cm; margin-top: 0pt; }

    bidimailui-detected-decoding-type="UTF-8" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
    text="#000000">
    update contacts set addr_id=b.addr_id
      from
      (select distinct(cus_acno), contact.con_id, address.addr_id from
      address join person using (addr_id) join  cus using (per_id) join
      link_contact using (cus_acno) join contact using (con_id) where
      contact.addr_id is null) b
      where contacts.con_id=b.con_id