Re: Server stalls, all CPU 100% system time - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andre
Subject Re: Server stalls, all CPU 100% system time
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 27/02/2013 9:29 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Andre,
>
> Please see the related thread on this list, "High CPU usage / load
> average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04".  You may be experiencing some
> of the same issues.  General perspective seems to be that kernels 3.0
> through 3.4 have serious performance issues.

Josh,

I saw that thread, but it did not appear to be the same symptoms that I had. Where they have a high load average, I
onlysaw spikes during which the server was unresponsive. During that time the load would jump to 50-70 (on 24 cores).
Anyway, after upgrading the Kernel to 3.4.28 and the latest Intel network card driver the problem seems to be gone.