Re: set autovacuum=off - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: set autovacuum=off
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 2/23/2012 12:38 PM, Alessandro Gagliardi wrote:

> Does analyze increase the efficiency of inserts or just selects? (I
> assumed the latter.) Obviously, I will need to analyze sometimes, but

That depends on if you have triggers that are doing selects.  But in
general you are correct, analyze wont help inserts.

checkpoint_segments can help insert speed, what do you have that set to?

Also how you insert can make things faster too. (insert vs prepared vs COPY)

Also, if you have too many indexes on a table that can cause things to
slow down.

Your IO layer needs to be fast too.  Have you watched vmstat and iostat?

Have you read up on synchronous_commit?

-Andy