Re: Heavy contgnous load - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Heavy contgnous load
Date
List pgsql-performance
kzsolt <kzsoltkzsolt@freemail.hu> wrote:

> I use pgr to store records. But the characterisitc of the record
> traffic are special. For example 50 of them arrived in one sec
> contignously trough weeks and aligned interally trough tables.
> To absorb this traffic I put the pgr database to ramdisk (fast as
> possible).

Could you just stream it to disk files on the ramdisk and COPY it in
to PostgreSQL in batches?

> But after more day work the pgr slowing down.

We'd need a lot more information to guess why.

> What is important think for this task I do not need any
> tranasction. So the COMMIT and ROLLBACK feature is useless.

Batching multiple inserts into a single transaction can *speed* data
loads.

> The question is how I minimize the rollback activity to free
> resoureces?

Rollback activity?  What rollback activity?  When you're doing what?
What is the exact message?

-Kevin