Re: Still no way to install PostGres on os x Lion? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: Still no way to install PostGres on os x Lion?
Date
List pgsql-general
Kenneth McDonald wrote:
> While trying to install 9.0.4, I ran into this:
>
> Problem running post-install step. Installation may not
> complete correctly
>  The database cluster initialisation failed.
>
> A little bit of digging revealed reports to the effect that the PostGres installer did not yet handle Lion. Is there
aworkaround for this, or a fix in the near (hopefully immediate) future?

Are you running a binary installer or are you building from source?

You should be able to create the database cluster yourself on the command line.
  The software is already installed, it sounds like.  You would be doing this
periodically anyway; a cluster is just your Postgres data files.

-- Darren Duncan