Re: Using Postgresql as application server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Travers wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:
>> I believe we basically have all the foundation already, with maybe
>> procedures executable outside transactions being the last major part.
>>
> Why is this desirable?  Why is it more desirable than actually using
> the listen/notify infrastructure that exists already?

Maybe listen/notify is sufficient by itself.  I withdraw my "procedures
executable outside transactions" comment for now, and just bring it up later if
I can think of a specific use case that other mechanisms don't satisfy. --
Darren Duncan