Re: PLPGSQL SETOF functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: PLPGSQL SETOF functions
Date
List pgsql-general
1) If you declare a return type setof TABLENAME the resultset will contain rows with field definitions like the table.

2) To call the function from another plpgsql function use:

declare
    row record
begin
    for row in select * from dates_pkg.getbusinessdays(...) Loop
        ...process...
    end loop
end

see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-RECORDS-ITERATING