500KB PDF files for postgresql8.3, which is the most efficient way? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emi Lu
Subject 500KB PDF files for postgresql8.3, which is the most efficient way?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I'd like to have more comments about the following case:

. 500KB per PDF file; 30 files per year
. PSQL8.3

Solution:
(1) Save pdfs to file system, only point file name in psql8.3

(2) Save oids of pdfs into table

(3) Save pdf files as bytea column in psql8.3

Pros and cons for (1), (2), (3), which is the most efficient way?

Thanks a lot!
Emi