Re: Linking against static libpq using Visual C++ - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julia Jacobson
Subject Re: Linking against static libpq using Visual C++
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for your answer. I was indeed using the static libpq version from
the installer.
I tried to compile my own one with Visual Studio 2010, but this caused a
lot of problems due to the fact that Visual Studio 2010 has changed the
manifest tool.
So I built a static version using Visual C++ 2008, which worked without
problems.
However, when building my application with Visual C++ 2008, the
following errors are lamented:

1>libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external
reference "__imp__WSAIoctl@36" in Funktion "_setKeepalivesWin32".
1>libpq.lib(ip.obj) : error LNK2001: Unvresolved external symbol
"__imp__WSAIoctl@36".
1>libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external
reference "__imp__DeleteSecurityContext@4" in Funktion "_closePGconn".
1>libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external
reference "__imp__FreeCredentialsHandle@4" in Funktion "_closePGconn".
1>libpq.lib(ip.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external reference
"__imp__WSASocketA@24" in Funktion "_pg_foreach_ifaddr".
1>libpq.lib(fe-auth.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external reference
"_FreeContextBuffer@4" in Funktion "_pg_SSPI_continue".
1>libpq.lib(fe-auth.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external reference
"_InitializeSecurityContextA@48" in Funktion "_pg_SSPI_continue".
1>libpq.lib(fe-auth.obj) : error LNK2019: Unresolved external reference
"_AcquireCredentialsHandleA@36" in Funktion "_pg_SSPI_startup".
1>C:\Users\Julia\Desktop\db_con\Debug\db_con.exe : fatal error LNK1120:
7 Unresolved external references.

Which libraries are missing now?