Re: [Slony1-general] WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [Slony1-general] WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Richard Yen <richyen@iparadigms.com> wrote:

> there were moments where 129 WAL files were generated in one
> minute.  Is it plausible that this autovacuum could be responsible
> for this?

I don't remember seeing your autovacuum and vacuum config settings,
or an answer to my question about whether there was a bulk load of a
significant portion of current data.  With agressive autovacuum
settings, hitting the freeze threshold for bulk-loaded data could do
that.

-Kevin