Re: PG optimization question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nickolay
Subject Re: PG optimization question
Date
List pgsql-performance
That may help with the queries speed (not a problem now), but we'll then
have to add UNION statement for daily staging table for other 5% of
requests, right? And there would be a moment when daily message is in
archive table AND in daily table (while transferring from daily table to
archive).
Our main problem is in blocking when doing DELETE (app sometimes freezes
for a long time), and also we have to do VACUUM on live table, which is
not acceptable in our app.

Thanks for your reply, I was kinda worried about number of partitions
and how this would affect PG query execution speed.