Re: Postgres query completion status? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Neill
Subject Re: Postgres query completion status?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Greg Williamson wrote:
>> Richard --
>>
>>  You might post the results of "EXPLAIN ANALYZE <your SQL here>;" ...
>> be sure to run it in a transaction if you want to be able roll it
>> back. Perhaps try "EXPLAIN <your SQL>;" first as it is faster, but
>> EXPLAIN ANALYZE shows what the planner is doing.

Is there any way I can gather some information by tracing the query
that's currently actually running?

strace doesn't help much, but is there anything else I can do?

As far as I know, the only tools that exist are
   pg_stat_activity, top, and iotop
Have I missed one?

Thanks,

Richard