pgAdmin Icon - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Scott Bailey
Subject pgAdmin Icon
Date
Re: pgAdmin Icon  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
List pgsql-advocacy
While we are on the topic of logos, I want to point out how awful the
pgAdmin icon looks. It looks like it was blown up from an 8x8 pixel MS
Paint drawing.

On Ubuntu the icon looks absolutely out of place in a panel full of high
color, 3D looking logos. On Windows, it doesn't stand out quite as much
(at least on XP, no idea about Vista or 7). But I guarantee it will be
the ugliest looking icon on your taskbar. For someone installing
Postgres on their system, this is THE graphical representation of
Postgres. And I think the message it is sending about us is not very
good... especially when we high quality icons available on pgFoundry.

My 2 cents.

Scott Bailey