Re: PostgreSQL != MSSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Rafael Martinez
Subject Re: PostgreSQL != MSSQL
Date
Re: PostgreSQL != MSSQL  ("Leif B. Kristensen" <leif@solumslekt.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Rafael Martinez wrote:
>>
>> And here you can see a snapshot of what I am talking about:
>> http://www.postgresql-es.org/sites/default/files/postgresql_microsoft_1.png
>
> This is normal Google ad-serving policy; Microsoft probably bought ads
> on Postgresql's name.

Well, this is not a big problem for me. But I think it is illegal
according to the 'Editorial & Format Policies' from Google:

https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=guidelines.cs&topic=9271&subtopic=9277

What they are doing is not the tipical keywords registration you do to
target your ads when people search after those keywords. They are using
in their ads a trademark they do not own to promote their product.

regards
--
 Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
 University of Oslo, Norway