Re: random slow query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mike Ivanov
Subject Re: random slow query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Sean,

Sean Ma wrote:
> One months ago, this type of slow query happened about a few time per
> day. But recently, the slow query happens more frequent at the rate of
> once every 10 minutes or less. There seesm not relation to th

What is your hardware (memory, CPU type and such)?

This seems like a cache issue to me, but I can't tell for sure without
some additional information on your system:

1) What is the amount of a) available memory b) free memory and c)
memory available to i/o buffers?

2) What is the swap usage if any?

3) What is the CPU load? Any noticeable patterns in CPU load?

You can use /usr/bin/top to obtain most of this information.

Mike