Oracle to buy Sun - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Oracle to buy Sun
Date
Re: Oracle to buy Sun  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Oracle to buy Sun  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

   what's going to happen now?
http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/oracle/

   I am still in the process of understanding the impact of this on a
wider scale. I would love to collect some ideas that can be presented
during community talks, as "How is Oracle acquisition of Sun going to
influence PostgreSQL" is a question that often and inevitably will be
asked - I presume. I would love to get a list of PROS/CONS of this
agreement as far as PostgreSQL is concerned, both from a technical point
of view and a marketing point of view, so I believe your ideas are more
than welcome!

   Thank you.

Ciao,
Gabriele